Web Designs & Development.
Your website, is like a business card or company brochure, it is a way for clients to know what you offer and to keep in contact with you.
With the interactive features of a website, you can provide more information and showcase more products. Your website should be an attractive, effective marketing tool that is easy to navigate and to find information or products.
DRAFDESIGNS builds sites from scratch and employ techniques to ensure that the message you want to convey is effective and dynamic. By using Search Engine Optimized code, DRAFDESIGNS will make your site available to be easily listed and searched by the major search engines, without having to spend huge advertising dollars.
Using custom XHTML/CSS template designs to ensure:
- manageability – easily change site color schemes, page flow, content layout and data views.
- platform independence – browsers and operating systems change often, so why should you have to alter your site each time one of these changes.
- industry standards – for accessibility and browser compatibility.
- practicality – the average business website doesn’t have to cost thousands. By using xhtml/css designs DRAFDESIGNS makes building a custom website practical and cost effective.
- data integration – many of my projects utilize data structures, so my designs have to accommodate the flow of data on the page.
- speed – XHTML/CSS design styles load much faster than graphic intensive or flash based designs.
Steps to building your online presence.
- Firstly, the initial consulting, should determine your website objective, and how it ties into your business.
- The proposal is prepared and once approved, you submit the downpayment and sign the work agreement. Work then begins.
- You send the necessary information, while your initial design is prepared and your host is selected along with domain name. Once the design is approved, it is sent to prototyping and development.
- The development phase is where all coding, image optimization, content structure, database production, data entry, and all technical aspects of making the site work is dealt with.
- While in development we keep in contact with the client to contiually inform them of how the development is going and get feedback as the site develops.
- The development time depends on the complexity of the site, database integrated sites generally require substantially more time than regular text pages. However, 7-21 days is usually the length of time given to prepare a 1-5 page site without any complex database integration.
- The time for testing is determined by what type of operation being used. Basic information sites usually only require several hours to correct spelling and grammar mistakes while complex and database driven sites will require exhaustive testing and can run for several days, weeks or months depending on the complexity.
- Optionally clients can submit their sites to search engines.
- Once the site has “launched,” any changes thereafter will incur a fee at the agreed hourly rate unless otherwised specified in the agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have already purchased a template online, can you use this?
I build from scratch, but a template can be used.
Will I have to mortgage my house to build a website?
I seek to offer competitive and affordable pricing based on each client’s need and budget.
How long does it take to build a website?
Each project has its own objective and goal. The time to complete a project differs depending on the requested services. Static sites require less time than dynamic, flash, high end graphics or complex database systems since these require extensive design and testing. However, I estimate 1-21 days for small sites with minimum graphics.
What kind of design do you use?
My view is that a site should load quickly and the design should be clean and easy to accommodate dynamic data flows, so i prefer XHTML/CSS styles with minimum flash and graphics.
What sort of tests are performed on a website?
All my websites are tested for several different coding and development standards. (see footer links)
- HTML/XHTML Coding Standards
- Speed & Optimization
- Styling Standards